Hi Fellow Bakers! Sorry for not posting last week, we have been VERY busy! So from now on, we will be trying to post on Thursdays. Yesterday was my first day of school, ugh. I wish we could have summer all year long, NO WINTER! After last year, I’m so sick of the cold and snow and snow and snow and snow!!!! UGH! Anyway, let’s get to baking!
Today, I have for you Feels Like Fall Soft Pretzels! These pretzels are soooooo delicious that they were gone within a day. They are just like your favorite store-bought ones, but like 10x better! Not only are these pretzels DEEEElicous, but they are super fun to bake! I PROMISE you, you will N-O-T regret making these scrumptious fall treats!
I revised this yummy snack from our favorite blogger Sally McKenney with Sally’s Baking Addiction! If you haven’t checked out her blog, you totally should! She has great recipes and techniques. I hope you LOVE these soft pretzels just like I do!
This recipe is adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook.
- 1 packet standard yeast (2 ¼ tsp)
- 1 ¼ cup warm water (110-115°F)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra
- 1 pot full of water (about 9 cups)
- ⅔ baking soda
- 3-4 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- PREP: Preheat oven to 425°F. Place parchment paper or silicone baking mats on two large baking sheets. Set aside.
- MAKE THE DOUGH: Combine the yeast with the warm water in a medium sized bowl. Allow for the yeast to fully dissolve before whisking in the salt and brown sugar. Add the flour slowly, one cup at a time until the dough begins to form. Do not add too much flour, or the pretzels will be too hard.
- KNEAD THE DOUGH: Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for 2-3 minutes and shape into a ball. Cut the dough into 7-8 sections with a sharp knife.
- ROLL THE DOUGH: Roll each section into a 18-20 inch rope; not too thin. Form the rope into a giant U shape. Then take the ends and twist them together toward yourself to create a pretzel shape.
- BOIL THE PRETZELS: Whisk the large pot of water with the baking soda. Bring to a boil. Place a pretzel onto a strainer and dip into the boiling water until it floats to the top; about 30 seconds. Take the pretzels out of the water and place onto the baking sheet. Repeat with all of the pretzels.
- BAKE THE PRETZELS: Bake the pretzels for 10 minutes. Mix the sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl together. Remove the pretzels and brush the top with the melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar or salt. Bake the pretzels for another 5-8 minutes, or until their bottoms aren’t raw. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with more of your desired topping.
- ENJOY!: Serve warm for best results:)! Pretzels will last for up to two days in an airtight container!
Please answer the question below!